Our team at Mr. Windows Houston understands the investment that comes with replacing the windows in your home. We also understand all the reasons this investment is critically important and that there are several window features to keep in mind.
Why Replace Windows?
Luckily, you don’t have to replace the windows in your home often. We recommend considering replacement every 15-20 years. Many companies that produce vinyl windows provide a 20-25 year warranty, which in our business is considered a lifetime warranty.
You’ll know it’s time to consider replacement why you begin to see the following:
- Trouble operating the windows. If your windows begin to stick or jam, your windows are likely aging. Rust, rotting, or mold in or around your windows typically means your windows are nearing the end of their service life.
- Discovery of cold drafts inside. Do you walk by your windows and notice a cold (or warm) breeze? It’s likely the window seal has been damaged. Drafts put a strain on your HVAC system and lead to higher utility bills.
- Window condensation between window panes. Condensation is a sign that the glazing on your windows is failing. It could also mean the sealing is failing and moisture is finding its way between your panes of glass.
- Decay or water damage on frames. Age and weather are hard on windows. In Houston, our extreme heat and direct sunlight take a toll. If you’ve begun to notice chips, rotting, mold, or decay, it’s time to call in the professionals.
Time For Replacement?
These are only a few of the ways homeowners will know it’s time to consider window replacement. The great news is Mr. Windows Houston is here to help! Schedule a FREE in-home (or virtual) consultation with one of our certified non-commission window and door specialists.
Our specialists will walk you through every step of your window replacement, from consultation to installation and service. Together, we will walk through all your options and provide you with advice based on our brand knowledge and years of experience.
Before you replace your windows, we will need to think about the type of window that’s best for your home and any customization that may upgrade your existing windows.
Window Features to Keep in Mind
Before you replace the existing windows in your home, it’s important to consider the function of the current windows.
- Where is the window?
- Also, what function does it serve?
- In addition, does the window open into a particular type of space?
- And will the window be easily accessible?
- Finally, will you use the window?
After we talk through these basic questions, we will have a better idea of how you’d like to proceed with replacement and which window customizations will be most effective and appropriate.
Other Window Features to Consider
Mr. Windows Houston offers many energy-efficient styles of windows. Just a few features to consider:
- Double-Hung Windows. Beautiful, weather-resistant, and easy to clean, double-hung windows have two operating sashes that move up and down, allowing for all-access ventilation. You can easily clean these windows from inside your home. Most of the time, they remain flush with the wall, which makes them ideal for patios or walkways.
- Awning and Casement Windows. Typically, casement windows are made for openings where the height is greater than the width. Usually, casement windows are hinged at the right or left.
Awning windows are for openings when the width is greater than the height. In addition, awning windows are hinged only at the top. However, both awning and casement windows are hinged and crank windows that provide the ultimate ventilation and breeze-catching!
- Bow and Bay Windows. Bow and bay windows also look a lot alike. However, the difference is that a bay window has three openings in an angled projection. Generally, a bay window usually has one larger picture window with two smaller windows on either side, and a bow window is a more curved window with four or five windows of approximately the same size comprising the curve.
If you’re considering one style over the other, talk with our designer to get more details on the pros and cons of both.
- Sliding Windows. Installed horizontally and with sashes that slide back and forth rather than up and down, sliding windows are generally more energy-efficient than other styles. They have fewer moving parts, and that helps keep air out – which is a real plus for your utility bill, too.
There are many options, and our team at Mr. Windows Houston can walk you through your design preferences, customization needs, and budget before you ever order your replacement windows. We are here to help you. Call us for a FREE consultation TODAY.
When we discuss customization, that means we take a window style that you like and then customize it to your home’s design. Mr. Windows Houston has a number of window features from which to choose. Once that’s done, we can discuss customizing.
You’ll need to consider:
- Interior/Exterior Color. You want your windows to match your house. Mr. Windows Houston has a variety of colors available. Do you have a specific color that isn’t necessarily standard? Let us know! We can work together to figure out your perfect window color.
- Configuration. If you’re keeping the original layout of your existing windows, our Mr. Windows Houston professional will be able to replicate what you had before without any trouble. If you’d like to make some changes, we can handle that, too. We have a number of possibilities!
- Energy-Efficient Glass Options. The type of glass you choose for your windows will affect the energy efficiency of your home. Windows have a significant impact on the light and sound that enter your home, too. Your Mr. Windows Houston professional will walk you through all your options and help you think through what’s best for your home.
- Etching Styles. Do you want to get fancy? Even if the glass you choose for the majority of your windows is standard clear glass, that doesn’t mean some of your windows can’t be fancy! Usually, families like the idea of privacy glass in the bathroom. We typically see custom-etched patterns for foyer or entryway glass. We have lots of options, and we want you to know what’s available.
Mr. Windows Houston is a family-owned and operated business that provides custom-made replacement windows for our friends and neighbors in and around Houston. We take care of our customers by ensuring our products and services are of the highest quality.
If you’re considering window replacement, you won’t find a team more devoted to their customers. Call us TODAY for a FREE estimate. We are eager to serve you!